Dear Fotovatjah Endodontics patients,
The safety of our patients, team, and families has always been our number one priority. Our practice has always been focused on infection control, and in addition to what we have always done, we are augmenting our protocols to exceed what is recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA). It is important to us that our patients and employees are confident entering our facility and that our actions clearly demonstrate our unwavering commitment to infection prevention and control. Below are some of the protective measures we are taking to safeguard your health while in our care:
- We will be taking your temperature upon arrival. We have also developed a comprehensive COVID-19 screening questionnaire that we will review with you when confirming your appointment and upon your arrival at our office. Our doctors and staff are also subject to daily health monitoring, temperature checks, and COVID19 screening.
- Being a digital office, we have always encouraged online patient registration. To limit high-touch surfaces and adhere to social distancing recommendations, we are now requiring online registration. If you do not have access to the Internet, we are happy to accommodate and will provide a safe alternative.
- We have made changes to our schedule in an effort to limit the number of patients in our facility at any given time and also to allow for aggressive cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and high-touch surfaces between patients. We are honoring the “6-foot” rule in our practice and, as a result, you might be asked to wait in your car until an operatory is available for you. Likewise, we are confirming the hallway is clear before bringing you to the checkout counter. We are making every effort to limit patient guests, but we recognize this is not always feasible. All visitors will be screened for COVID-19 too.
- We have upgraded our HVAC system and are using medical-grade air purifier units in our working operating rooms. These air purifiers remove 99.97% of unhealthy particles in the air, including viruses, bacteria, mold, dust, pollen, and others. They continuously return fresh, filtered air throughout the office.
- We are only using products approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. We are also strictly adhering to the EPA’s recommended contact time for these cleaning products to ensure complete disinfection. All high-touch surfaces are being wiped down after each exposure, including the public restroom. All operatories, dental instruments, and equipment are being cleaned, sterilized, and disinfected in accordance with the CDC and OSHA standards.
- Our entire team has been trained on the appropriate methods for hand hygiene. We are requiring more frequent handwashing from our doctors, staff, and patients. In addition, hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout our practice.
- Masks are required inside our building for both patients and our team. If you do not have a mask or face covering, we will gladly provide you with one. We are wearing the full gamut of PPE during your appointment. This includes gowns, face shields, N95 respirators, eye protection, surgical caps, and gloves.
- To disinfect the oral cavity before we initiate treatment, we are having patients rinse their mouths with a minty-tasting 1.5% hydrogen peroxide solution.
It is our sincere hope that this extensive list provides you with the comfort that we take your health and safety seriously, from the front door to the back office. We are happy to be at your service. As always, please contact us with any questions. Thank you for trusting us with your care!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.